Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Oh Vesper, Vesper, Wherefore Art Thou Vesper?

Ok, so I logged in last night to KnitPixie to check out their stash of "one of a kind yarns", and they had a multitude of colors of that crazy Vesper Self-striping sock yarn...And, as you all know, I'm NOT a sock knitter. But, I've never wanted to try a yarn so badly, so I put a skein in my cart. 400 yards per skein! That's unbelievable. I went on to try and find other yarn options for Colchique, and got sidetracked, never to return to the Vesper until today, when this is what I got when I tried! They're all out! How can they sell out of all this wonderful yarn overnite? I'm so sad. If anyone knows any other website or LYS that sells Vesper, I'm on a mission, and I MUST have it!

3 comments:

  1. Julia sells it on Etsy, I believe she has a skein of it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. or you could just wait about a week or two. the stock turns over about that often, and there's a mailing list you can sign up for to get notified when the vesper will be put up. the address to subscribe is on the knit pixie blog site. even with the mailing list, though, it's good to check occasionally because i have been able to score some skeins of vesper before the notification even gets sent out. i also try to post an alert on my blog any time the vesper is in stock to sort of "share the love." i've got most of the colors, except for some of the sold out ones like belinda, algae, maura, and pretty. i guess you could say i'm a collector. i'm anal and obsessed like that...yeah. but i'm like any other sock knitter with a sock stash, right? i'd like to think so. when you get some for yourself, you may understand. happy hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pink and green together. I was drooling over the pic!

    ReplyDelete