Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Dye-o-Meme-a-Rama

For my dye-o-rama pal:

Specific to this swap:
Your favorite colors?
Pink, Green, and cools with cools, warms with warms

Preferred yarn weight (Fingering, Sport, DK, maybe even Worsted)?
For socks? Sport I think…

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn?
Multicolored!

If your buddy is able to do so, would you like a variegated, self-striping, or self-patterning yarn? Self striping is really fun. But I love variegated too!

Would you be interested in a wool blend sock yarn (nylon, tencel, silk, acrylic, alpaca, etc.)?
Absolutely!

Imagine the perfect colorway. What would you name it?
Peonyknits. HAHA…I’m such a selfish brat.

What was the biggest appeal to you for joining this dye-along?
I collect hand-dyed yarn. And the challenge of learning a new skill.

General yarn/fiber questions:
Have you dyed yarn/fiber before?
Only once – at Marie’s. I learned from the best!

If so, what’s your favorite dye and method?
We hand painted. I’d like to learn immersion dyeing, and self striping.

Do you spin?
Nope.

Have you knit socks before?
Yep.

Do you use sock yarn for just socks or in other patterns too?
I haven’t used much of my sock stash yet. I’m not planning on strictly using it for socks though.

What are some of your favorite yarns?
Brooks Farm, Sundara, Vesper, Brooklyn Handspun, Sweet Georgia, Scout’s Swag.

What yarn do you totally covet?
Socks that Rock. (Sorry Yahaira). I’ve never been able to get my hands on any to see what all the buzz is about.

Favorite patterns?
Glampyre, Saunshine, Phildar

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object?
Lady Eleanor. I already own the yarn for it though.

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)?
Susan Bates circs. Although for socks, I’m a big fan of my Addi’s. Magic loop baby!

Nothing to do with knitting/yarn/fiber in any way but seemed kinda fun:
Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack?
Sour skittles, twizzlers.

What’s your favorite animal?
My kitties.

Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages?
2 cats, currently. Buster, 9 years old. Very sick. Niblet, 6 years old. Healthy!

If you were a color what color would you be?
Azalea.

Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else’s).
My variegated pink, yellow and khaki Banana Republic diagonal striped button down. I wish it fit me.

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature?
Peony. Definitely.

Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read.
“All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars.” – Rush (the band, NOT Limbaugh)

Do you have a wishlist?
Yes. Here.

Anything else you’d like to share with the group today?
I can’t wait to see all the hand dyed wonders!!!

2 comments:

  1. oh, this sounds like fun. man, why am I always the last to find out about these types of things?! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm...Sour Skittles!! Lots of good ideas for me....my dyes finally arrived this week so I'll be dyeing this weekend! Your Dye-o-Rama Pal

    ReplyDelete