6 balls of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino superchunky in Grape on size 10 1/2 needles. Mods I made:
- The WHOLE thing is in stockinette stitch, vs reverse.
- Kept the cables and skipped the bumpy bobbles.
- Shortened the sleeves to 3/4 length (I may lengthen them a bit...if I can find 10 1/2 DPNs)
- I did a whole lot of extra ribbing, because, well, even after immense blocking, the pieces were still not quite the right height. My row gague was off, but I figured...ahh F* it! I'll just do lots of ribbing. And that's exactly what I did :)
That brings me to the next topic. When one door closes, another opens (how do you say door in French?) I'm going to call Colchique and Tendances "the sisters", since I'm working on them both together.Smilarities between the sisters:
- Neither is a shrug. (read as "both will cover my gut".)
- Both are wonderful Phildar patterns with KALs and French speaking knitters to help us translate them.
- They love to be photographed together
- Cats love them.
- Furry loves them.
- I want to leave work on time to knit them.
There, now I feel better.