Monday, February 13, 2006

Finished Jayalkers...Finally!!!!

Nope, I'm not going to post a photo of the 16 inches of snow we got here in Northern New Jersey (I'm sure you've seen it already). I have much, much more important things to post tonight!

Hallelujiah! I FINALLY finished my Jaywalkers! I know you weren't waiting with baited breath (because you would most definitely have died from asphyxiation by now) . Just under the wire for Cara's contest AND during the knitting olympics too, whew.

Jaywalkers! 016
Pattern: Jaywalker Socks, by Grumperina published in Sept 05 MagKnits
Yarn:
Knitterly Things Vesper sock yarn, 100% merino wool in Knit and Tonic
Needles: Clover bamboo DPNs size 1
Time to complete: WAAAAY too long, but finished on 2.13.06 at 10pm!
Recipient: Mememememememememe! My first FO this year for me!


I love this pattern. I would make more jaywalkers if I had time. I have 3 more skeins of Vesper, and 2 skeins of sock yarn I dyed myself...plus one more on the way from Brooklyn Handspun!

But, I have no time to start another pair until after the Olympics! Team Spiders is kicking ass on their olympic projects, (I'm too lazy to post them but Lisa did). Here we are on Angelica after the blizzard. Doesn't she look like she has boobs (little mosquito bites???) I am loving this pattern so far, the combination of merino and alpaca makes this yarn so soft. I am a bit worried about the gauge though...we'll see.

Angelica progress - day 3

I have the best husband on earth! (Sorry Emmie - I bet this ties your V-Day) Before the blizzard hit, Furry decided he'd cook me a romantic dinner! He went food shopping by himself, and wouldn't let me in the fridge all day on Saturday while he hid the "secret ingredients." By dinner time, I had gotten a lot of knitting done, but still had NO CLUE what he was making for us...I let him surprise me.
Romantic Dinner for 2
Isn't it gorgeous? We had the Valentine's Dinner for 2 from the Jan/Feb Cooking Light magazine. Rosemary Shrimp Scampi Skewers ,
Carrot Couscous with Fresh Chives ,
Bittersweet Chocolate Pudding with Raspberries
He even made the chocolate pudding - from scratch!
Romantic Dinner
How awesome is that? We have a Valentine's day contest...we are only allowed to spend $3 (card not included) on each other, and see who comes up with the most creative gift...I'm running out of time - any suggestions? I couldn't stick to the limit, so I got us tickets to Avenue Q...ha! Happy Valentine's Day!

11 comments:

  1. the jaywalkers look great, as does that meal! i am emailing this to my boyfriend ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the socks, that Vesper yarn gives perfect stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the striped perfectly... and their done!! they look great.
    that dinner looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great socks--I may have to cave and make that pattern some time. And the meal looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Valentines Day. Your angelica looks great so far. I'm doing this pattern for the KO too, and I hope mine end up looking as great as yours. I've already had a few frog moments. Good Luck.


    Necia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Jaywalkers! Hubby is too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, sorry to "barge in" like this, but I was searching for Phildar patterns, and I came across your blog. I saw that you are working on a couple of Phildar sweaters, so I hoped you might know where I could find the patterns for these two:

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/princess_vernie/knitting/phildarridingjacket.jpg

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/princess_vernie/knitting/phildarfurlinedjacket.jpg

    I found the pictures on the Phildar website, but I don't know French, and that site is really hard to navigate, so I'm lost. Anyway, if you have any idea, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a sweetheart! isn't cooking light magazine the BEST?? and angelica is coming along nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. that vesper sock yarn is some amazing stuff. great jaywalkers! they are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, awesome jaywalkers! and the dinner looks delicious!

    I had to go on a jaywalker marathon too, during the first two days of the olympics in time for the deadline. Yours turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete